We work strictly in accordance with the Skanska Code of Conduct and to our Five Zeros, which reflect our core values.
Our focus is on creating sustainable solutions and we aim to be leaders in green construction, health and safety and business ethics. We also recognise that we have a responsibility to the communities in which we work and this is something we take very seriously, working closely with those communities to keep them fully informed regarding the activities on our sites and employing local labour and trade contractors wherever possible.
Skanska’s strategy for achieving its operational and financial targets is:
- To focus on core businesses in construction and development
- To be an international company, with a leading position in selected home markets
- To take advantage of Skanska's worldwide collective resources - brand, employee expertise and financial strength
- To forsee and systematically manage risk
- To enhance green expertise throughout our operations
- To be an industry leader in green building and sustainability, in particularly in occupational health and safety, ethics and environment
- To recruit, develop and retain competent employees and to achieve a greater diversity
- To capitalise on urbanisation trends.
The five zeros
Clients, customers, investors and employees all care about what kind of company Skanska is. To take on board these demands and maintain the Skanska brand, we strive to succeed in our values of:
- Zero loss-making projects
- Zero accidents
- Zero environmental incidents
- Zero ethical breaches and
- Zero defects.