Skanska aims to lead the field in both commercial success and quality.
Our financial targets reflect our ambition to exceed the industry norm. In each of our geographic markets and specific segments, we have established what we call 'outperform targets'.
In addition to the financial targets – and as a means to reach them – we have also adopted qualitative targets.
The qualitative targets are expressed in Skanska's five zeros vision:
- Zero loss-making projects. Loss makers not only destroy profitability, but also affect customer relationships.
- Zero accidents, whereby the safety of our personnel as well as subcontractors, suppliers and the general public is ensured.
- Zero environmental incidents, which means our projects should be executed in a manner that minimizes environmental impact.
- Zero ethical breaches, meaning that we take a zero-tolerance approach to any form of bribery or corruption.
- Zero defects, with the double aim of improving the bottom line and increasing customer satisfaction.
The qualitative targets, as expressed in the five zeros, reflect our core values. The five zeros, as well as the outperform financial targets, provide the basis for incentive systems at various levels within Skanska.