The Skanska Boskalis Offshore substructure involves the introduction of a new concept to the market. We believe our solution can contribute to reducing the cost of low carbon energy.
We are fully aware that in order to develop a cost efficient solution for a new concept to the market, both innovation and R&D is required in order to drive down costs and validate new thinking while providing a level of confidence in the new concept.
- We have developed bespoke software which is capable of calculating the optimum substructure geometry for numerous specific WTG locations rapidly.
- We have carried out extensive tank-testing using a scale model of the structure to verify our computational analysis and have designed a bespoke re-usable ballast system capable of controlling the installation of the GBS.
- The construction methodology for the substructure includes a high volume of prefabrication and precasting and in cooperation with our concrete supplier, innovative concrete mixes have been designed which are tailored for our exact requirements.
Our solution has many benefits, meaning it is robust, flexible and cost-effective.
Our substructure is:
- suitable for water depths between 30m and 60m
- capable of being installed by conventional in-house vessels, without the requirement for a specialist installation vessel
- suitable for a variety of seabed and meteocean condition
- able to be installed with no piling required
- suitable for next generation offshore wind turbines
- designed for mass production and installation
Whole life benefits include:
- Low maintenance
- Can be repowered
- Can be refloated during decommissioning
and fully recycled