Investing in our communities
The work that we do places us at the heart of many different communities. We are committed to being a responsible member of these communities and to being a good neighbour.
Through our structured Corporate Community Investment (CCI) framework we provide our time, skills and gifts in kind to leave a positive legacy wherever we work.
Our focus is on strengthening local economies and championing education in our areas of expertise. We believe this is where we can have the greatest influence, and it directly supports our purpose to build for a better society.
Skanska UK corporate community investment in 2016:
- 733 community activities undertaken (including volunteering, fundraising, open days, donations)
- At least £398,000 contributed to society
- £192,500 cash donations to charities, including employee fundraising
- £70,400 gift donations and in-kind materials *
- £135,100 value of volunteering **
* Calculated by using a ‘fair second-hand estimation’ for each item donated (in line with LBG framework guidance)
** Based on an 8 hour day