Skanska has secured a £97 million contract to build One New Street Square on behalf of its client Land Securities.
The team will use its expertise in construction, mechanical and electrical engineering and the installation of bespoke ceilings to deliver a modern office building over 20 floors, including:
- Two basement levels with parking and changing facilities for tenants
- An upper ground floor with a reception area, retail units and a loading bay
- Commercial office space over 14 floors
- Two rooftop plant levels
The team aims to achieve a BREEAM Excellent rating, using sustainable approaches throughout the construction phase, such as:
- The efficient use of water and energy
- Minimising waste
- Using materials that have a zero or near zero impact on the community and surrounding environment
- Maximising the use of recycled materials
Paul Heather, managing director at Skanska, commented: “Securing this contract is excellent news for Skanska. Over the years the team has worked hard to deliver a number of excellent, prestigious projects in London for Land Securities.
“This has enhanced Skanska’s reputation in an increasingly competitive market, helping to create relationships with new clients and secure further work.” The building boasts features such as external terraces on the upper levels, where tenants can enjoy outdoor spaces, and a bespoke glazed-framed unitised cladding system with solar shading fin features.
Work begins in February this year and is set to finish in the summer of 2016.