We continue to keep a close watch on the Government updates in order to control the spread of Coronavirus. At Skanska, as a responsible organisation, we believe it is very important that we do everything possible to support this effort.
First and foremost, we must do everything we can to stay healthy and safe and we need to help others to do the same too.
The guiding principle for all our decisions and actions is not to put those who work on our sites or others at risk, particularly essential workers.
Every work site that continues to be operational will only remain so if the following are complied with:
- Skanska’s current health and safety policies applicable to the work type
- Skanska’s COVID-19 guidance
- A risk assessment is carried out to ensure that all aspects of the two items above can be achieved. The risk assessment will be reviewed on a daily basis. Read Skanska's latest risk assessment for all UK operations here.
We continue to closely follow UK Government and Public Health England guidelines in managing our response. We will keep in contact with our supply chain partners with guidance related to specific projects and sites.
Our commitment to you
We are committed to doing all we can to support our supply chain. It is vitally important to us that our supply chain partners remain strong and successful businesses and we are committed to providing the following support:
- We believe it’s all the more important when the going gets tough that you can rely on fair payment. We will continue to pay invoices within terms and in accordance with our agreement with you and not intentionally delay payment to manage our own cash position
- We will maintain ongoing regular communications so we can support you as best we can, especially around advice on COVID-19 and other health, safety and wellbeing issues, as well as where you might get financial support
- We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of any further planned site closures
At an industry level, we are in conversation with organisations including the Construction Leadership Council (CLC), Build UK and the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA). Detailed below are weblinks to information and support that you may find useful.
- Government COVID-19 support for business
- Coronavirus Business Support, scheme information
- British Business Bank, Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- News story on Government support for business
If you have any concerns or wish to talk to us further, please contact the members of our team that you regularly work with at Skanska who will do their very best to support you.