The UK has left the EU and the transition period after Brexit comes to an end of 2020.
To help you get ready, here is a link to the latest government information for the construction sector on preparing for the end of the transition period. This includes an 11-point checklist to help you understand what you need to do before 1 January:
Using the UKNI marking from 1 January 2021: the UKNI marking is a new conformity marking for products placed on the market in Northern Ireland which have undergone mandatory third-party conformity assessment by a body based in the UK. To find out if you need to use it, and if so, how, click here.
ECMT international road haulage permits: the guidance now includes a direct link to the service to apply for ECMT permits for 2021, click here.
The Brexit Business Task Force has compiled a list of useful resources and links to support business readiness for the end of the transition period:
- The Brexit checker tool is the best place for businesses to start and provides users with a list of personalised actions they need to take.
- Gov.uk alerts – sign up and create an account to get alerts when changes are made to relevant guidance.
- The Local Communications Toolkit provides campaign material to be used for promoting the actions citizens and businesses need to take. For further information, please contact .
- Guidance for UK nationals living in the EU
- Resources for traders on border readiness:
For more information on the UK Transition, visit www.gov.uk/transition.