Working closely with our customers we make sure we are putting their customers first. That means delivering solutions that meet the needs of passengers, freight customers and other stakeholders.
From day one to successful handover, our collaborative teams tackle every challenge with a constant focus on cost, operational reliability and safety. We put ourselves in our customers’ shoes, taking care of every pound we spend and designing with the future in mind.
Because we understand that what we deliver today impacts society for generations, we always build for tomorrow.
That’s why we test and develop industry leading materials and methods that reduce carbon and improve biodiversity. It’s also why we are so committed to social value activities that bring benefits and opportunities to local people and communities.
Our completed and ongoing projects show our capability. Capability that is underpinned by:
- The way we work to understand our customers, their goals and the way they want to work with us.
- The deep pool of rail sector knowledge and expertise that we bring to every project.
- Our access to specialists in many disciplines, including our award winning digital and geo-spacial modelling experts and highly skilled MEP teams.
- Our Cementation Skanska colleagues who self-deliver specialist steelworks, piling and ground engineering, including in-house design, manufacture and installation of plunge columns.
- The geographical extent of our work across the UK – from road and rail in London and the Southeast, to our work on energy infrastructure in the outer reaches of the Scottish Highlands.
- Our commitment to spearheading trials and innovations that help drive the industry towards a low carbon future.
- The UK’s highest capacity pile load testing system, capable of testing to 60MN.
Working with us means working with a delivery partner that will bring a high-performing, agile and collaborative team. With strong supply chain relationships, comprehensive in-house expertise and the knowledge and vision to design efficient, forward-thinking solutions for any number of challenges.
Our approach to net zero carbon
We are working towards net zero in everything we do. We were the first UK contractor to successfully achieve PAS2080 certification and have set our target to achieve net zero carbon on our full emissions, including our supply chain, by 2045.
Constantly developing new ways of reducing carbon, we go out of our way to share knowledge with our customers and the wider industry to support their own decarbonisation journeys.
Our work on rail projects at Euston and SAS 13 bridge replacement, has far exceeded targets by using design, materials, construction methods, waste reduction, equipment and transportation to reduce carbon.
Our approach to efficiency
To us, efficiency goes well beyond the operational efficiency built into all our standard operating practices. It includes the in-house team providing technical standards and testing and commissioning to BS7671 standards.
Our stance on environmental efficiency means we deliver projects with local communities and biodiversity at heart. That could be by minimising transport movements, reducing or reusing waste on site or by introducing our latest carbon saving innovations.
Recognising no two projects are the same, project efficiency means getting more for each pound of our customers’ investment. By analysing each project’s specific requirements, we make sure every resource is allocated to deliver the maximum outcome.
Our approach to safety
We never compromise on safety. Our Injury Free Environment (IFE) culture has resulted in an industry-leading performance which we constantly seek to challenge and improve.
For us, safety is about each of us making good choices and taking responsibility for looking out for our own health, safety and wellbeing and that of the people around us.