Our Code of Conduct
We live by our Code of Conduct and never accept shortcuts. 'Doing the right thing' is embedded in our processes, procedures and working environment. It translates into partner relationships, our culture and working environment and our procurement processes.
Our Code of Conduct defines we all work, no matter where we are in the world. We do not tolerate any form of corruption, bribery, unfair or anti-competitive activities, discrimination or harassment.
We have an ethical commitment to:
- we see it as everybody's responsibility at Skanska to create a fair, healthy and safe workplace, where people can develop their professional skills and grow as individuals
- our Injury-Free Environment programme fosters a culture of care, both at work and home
- all employees receive code of conduct training when they join Skanska, and again every two years, helping them make the right decisions every day
- we believe the best business relationships are founded on respect and mutual benefit
- we champion a diverse supply chain and sustainable procurement policy
- we pay our supply chain promptly, always meeting our payment terms
- our supply chain is bound by the principles of our Supplier Code of Conduct (PDF)
- we are an integral part of society, and what we do goes beyond the projects we complete for our customers
- as the leading green contractor and developer we are helping to drive the industry towards ever more sustainable solutions
- we encourage society to be greener through our work with government, industry bodies, customers and suppliers
- we are a good neighbour and strive to leave a positive legacy in the communities in which we work